Here are some reminders for this week and next:
1) Remember to send in a few photos of your child/family by Friday or Monday at the latest that your child can cut up for a special super secret surprise (think collage). If needed, please email me a few. We are trying to send home the surprize by Tuesday because a few kids are out on Wednesday. Can you let me know if your child will be gone early next week so I can try to get their project done first?
2) Library day tomorrow. Next week Tuesday will be open check outs for all students who want new books over the holidays.
3) Check for the email from our room mom, about the Winter Party.
4) Friday folder comes home tomorrow - will have a few checked papers.
5) At-Home Learning - I'm not uploading anything this week, but it would be great for your child to login to Reflex math and RAZ kids over the winter break to stay current on math facts and reading. Please let me know if you have lost the login code and I will send it to you again through a Seesaw photo. Here is the Fern Bluff Student Resources Link in case you want to know where to find Reflex and RAZ kids. There are also links for Hour of Code, in case your child would like to show you what they learned about coding last week. https://docs.google.com/document/d/19O0l3de7ukVxPdzFF4pzipVeC1TCGg-JZIC_J2kta3g/pub
Math- We are continuing to work on our geometry unit - 3D shapes (counting vertices, faces and edges) and finding area in square units (inches and centimeters).
Language arts- We are comparing holidays around the world (We are reading and writing about Hanukkah, Diwali, Christmas, Ramadan, Kwanza and New Years). Check SeeSaw this week and next for a video of your child reading their Imaginative Story (we began recording today, but it will take a few days to get everyone done).
Social Studies - We are learning to compare our culture to other cultures around the world.
Science- We are conducting experiments on saltwater vs. freshwater. Check SeeSaw online for photos from science time. :)
Welcome to Mrs. Spalding's 2nd Grade Classroom Website. Click on the page links above for other information.
I will update the Weekly Update page frequently. Please make sure to check either this website, or sign up for the weekly email which will include the weekly update.